Versailles, Le hameau de la Reine Marie-Antoinette2

Views:
 
     
 

Presentation Description

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS PRESENTATION HERE: http://www.nicepps.ro/prezentare-powerpoint-versailles-le-hameau2-23181.html http://www.slideshare.net/michaelasanda/versailles-le-hameau-de-la-reine-marieantoinette2 Thank you! The Hameau de la Reine (The Queen's Hamlet) is a rustic retreat in the park of the Château de Versailles commissioned for Marie Antoinette in 1783 near the Petit Trianon. It served as a private meeting place for the Queen and her closest friends, a place of leisure. Le Hameau de la Reine compels Rousseau's theories about recapturing the natural beauty and noble simplicity of life

Comments

 
 

By: pradeepkgupta (93 month(s) ago)

Nice pictures

Presentation Transcript

Slide 1:

Le hameau de Marie-Antoinette 2

Slide 2:

The Hameau de la Reine (The Queen's Hamlet) is a rustic retreat in the park of the Château de Versailles built for Marie Antoinette in 1783 near the Petit Trianon. It served as a private meeting place for the Queen and her closest friends, a place of leisure. Designed by the Queen's favoured architect, Richard Mique and with the help of the painter Hubert Robert, it contained a meadowland with lakes and streams, an island with fragrant shrubs and flowers, and various buildings in a rustic or vernacular style, inspired by Norman or Flemish designed, situated around an irregular pond fed by a stream that turned the mill wheel

Slide 3:

The building scheme included a farmhouse, (the farm was to produce milk and eggs for the queen), a dairy, a dovecote, a boudoir, a barn that was burned down during the French Revolution, a mill and a tower in the form of a lighthouse.

Slide 5:

The hameau is the best-known of a series of rustic garden constructions built at the time, notably the Prince of Condé's Hameau de Chantilly (1774–1775) which was the inspiration for the Versailles hameau. Such model farms were fashionable among the French aristocracy at the time.

Slide 8:

Marlborough Tower (The Fishery Tower)

Slide 9:

One primary purpose of the hameau was to add to the ambiance of the Petit Trianon, giving the illusion that it was deep in the countryside rather than within the confines of Versailles. Each building is decorated with a garden, an orchard or a flower garden. The largest and most famous of these houses is the "Queen's House" that is connected to the Billiard house by a wooden gallery, at the center of the village. . Its construction is innovative: two rustic buildings are connected by a covered gallery that is curved in a half-moon shape. The Queen's house

Slide 10:

The Queen's house and billiard room is situated in the middle of the Hamlet, and it is the largest and most important building

Slide 11:

A spiral staircase offers access to the second floor on one end of the house. These buildings included the Queen’s private chambers, as well as her salons and her parlors. The upper level comprises the petit salon, also known as the "room of the nobles", an anteroom in the form of a "Chinese cabinet" and the large living room with wood panelling hung with tapestries of Swiss style in embroidered wool. Despite the rustic appearance of facades, the interior finish and furnishings created by the carpenter Georges Jacob and the ébéniste Jean-Henri Riesener. Are luxurious The dovecote and Queen's house staircase

Slide 12:

The Marlborough Tower and Queen's house

Slide 13:

To the left, another building housing the billiard room is connected to the Queen's house by a wooden gallery decorated with trellises and twelve hundred St. Clement faience pots, marked in the blue figures of the Queen.

Slide 14:

The Queen's house

Slide 15:

The Queen's house

Slide 16:

The Queen's house

Slide 17:

Marlborough Tower This circular tower on the shores of the lake is mainly decorative.

Slide 18:

Marlborough Tower Was originally called “The Fishery Tower.” It was created after a popular lullaby from the era

Slide 21:

Dairy, Marlborough Tower and the Queen's house

Slide 22:

Marlborough Tower The basement is used for storage, but the top part of the tower has a fairytale-esque design

Slide 24:

The Malborough Tower Starting point of boat rides on the lake, the fishery tower known as the Malborough Tower, houses the material used for pike or carp fishing. Its upper portion was used as an observatory making it possible to communicate with the palace of Versailles via signals. Its name, a reflection of the fashionable anglomania of the time, recalls the song composed in 1722 at the death of the Duke of Malborough. Shepherd, sculpture on white marble

Slide 26:

The Refreshments Dairy and Marlborough Tower

Slide 27:

Creams and cheeses were manufactured in the Preparation Dairy, destroyed under the First Empire, which was located across from the Refreshments Dairy. There, milk was skimmed and churned. The dairy products were tasted by the Queen in the Refreshments Dairy. the Refreshments Dairy

Slide 28:

Furnished with marble tables the diary was designed with sanitation in mind: the rooms are light colored marble, which gives the impression of cleanliness

Slide 31:

The Boudoir With its roof of reeds, dormer window, its lean-to and old stone staircase, the Queen’s Small House, known as the boudoir, is made up of a living room and a wardrobe and is surrounded by a closed garden

Slide 32:

The Boudoir, (4.6 x 5.2 metres) is the smallest structure, and it was nicknamed “the little house of the Queen.” Marie Antoinette would retire here by herself, or else with one or two of her friends. The boudoir was altered slightly during the Second Empire, but its small construction has remained to this day.

Slide 33:

The Boudoir and the mill

Slide 34:

The Mill, built and fitted from 1783 to 1788, was never used for grinding grain, contrary to what is often argued. The wheel is driven by a stream derived from the Grand Lake and is only a decorative element.

Slide 35:

No mechanism or wheel were installed in the factory. The interior decoration was simple and neat.

Slide 36:

The Mill This structure is one of the most picturesque of the Hamlet. Each façade of the building is decorated slightly differently. This mill also served as a laundry

Slide 37:

The Mill Built at the edge of the lake and on a fore bay, the Mill also had a washing-place. It was intended for the use of the village.

Slide 38:

The Mill

Slide 39:

The Warming Room With its arrangement at right angles, the warming room is the hovel which sheltered a large kitchen, a pantry and small offices. It is recessed at the rear of the Queen's house. It has a stone interior and included a large kitchen, a bakery, a fireplace and pantry, also linen and silverware. It was used to prepare the dishes for dinners given by the Queen in the house or mill

Slide 40:

Dovecote and Guard house

Slide 41:

The dovecote and pigeon coops were near the lake. Roosters and hens of various species were brought from the west of France and settled in the aviary in 1785 for Marie Antoinette’s use.

Slide 42:

Dovecote and Guard house

Slide 43:

Located next to a ballroom, a barn and a hen house which have all disappeared, the charming dovecote still stands near the stone bridge which spans the carp-populated river

Slide 44:

Dovecote and Guard house

Slide 48:

Guard house

Slide 49:

The Guard's Room of Marie-Antoinette's estate This building is situated on the edge of the field near the woods. Its original occupant was the Swiss guard, Jean Bersy, who lived there with his family. Because of the prominence of the occupants of the Hamlet, the guard was necessary for Marie Antoinette’s security

Slide 50:

The Guard's Room

Slide 51:

The Farm

Slide 52:

The Farm According to the Queen’s wishes, animals brought from Switzerland were raised on the Farm: cows, bull, calves, “nanny-goats”, goats, sheep and a white goat that was not malicious. Its porch is surmounted by two stone globes. Valy Bussard, the farmer, came to the Hameau to run a functional farm. Decorated in a rustic style, the farm included three bedrooms, a kitchen, and a dining room. It was well stocked with animals and vegetable gardens, whose crops led to agricultural and culinary experimentation at Versailles.

Slide 54:

Marie-Antoinette, seeking to flee the Court of Versailles, ordered the construction of her hamlet in 1783. There, she regularly found the charms of country life, surrounded by her lady's companions. It became a veritable farm, directed by a farmer, whose products supplied the kitchens of the Palace. Under the First Empire, the Hamlet was refurnished with refinement for Empress Marie-Louise

Slide 56:

Pictures: Adrian Moac ã & Internet Copyright: All the images belong to their authors Presentation : Sanda Foişoreanu www.slideshare.net/michaelasanda Sound: Claude Debussy - Sonate for flute, violin and harp.Pastorale.Linda Chesis -flute Sara Cutler-harp

authorStream Live Help