CANCER OF BLADDER

Views:
 
Category: Others/ Misc
     
 

Presentation Description

No description available.

Comments

Presentation Transcript

PowerPoint Presentation:

Nursing care of the patient with “ Bl adder cancer” Mrs. Shaina Sharma R.N, MSc. N

INCIDENCE:

INCIDENCE In I ndia bladder cancer is the fifth most common cancer In men according to Delhi based registry with age adjusted incidence rate of 5.8/100,000 Incidence is much lower in females 1.5 cases/100,000 Male to female ratio= 8.6:1

PowerPoint Presentation:

90% of bladder cancers are  transitional cell carcinoma . The other 10% are  squamous cell carcinoma ,  adenocarcinoma ,  sarcoma ,  small cell carcinoma ,  CLASSIFICATION

STAGES OF BLADDER CANCER:

STAGES OF BLADDER CANCER

PowerPoint Presentation:

H ematuria Urinary tract infection

PowerPoint Presentation:

P ain with metastasis Any change in voiding/urine

MANAGEMENT :

MANAGEMENT

PowerPoint Presentation:

SURGICAL MANAGEMENT Transuretheral resection C ystectomy

PowerPoint Presentation:

Treating hematuria

PowerPoint Presentation:

Other modalities of treatment…..

PowerPoint Presentation:

COMPLICATIONS

NURSING ASSESSMENT :

NURSING ASSESSMENT

PowerPoint Presentation:

ASSESSMENT CONT……

NURSING DIAGNOSIS:

NURSING DIAGNOSIS

PowerPoint Presentation:

NURSING CARE/NURSING INTERVENTIONS Maintaining urinary elimination after TUS Controlling pain Relieving anxiety

PowerPoint Presentation:

PATIENT TEACHING

authorStream Live Help