Plot Diagram : Plot Diagram 2 1 3 4 5
Plot (definition) : Plot (definition) Plot is the organized pattern or sequence of events that make up a story. Every plot is made up of a series of incidents that are related to one another.
1. Exposition : 1. Exposition This usually occurs at the beginning of a short story. Here the characters are introduced. We also learn about the setting of the story. Most importantly, we are introduced to the main conflict (main problem).
2. Rising Action : 2. Rising Action This part of the story begins to develop the conflict(s). A building of interest or suspense occurs.
3. Climax : 3. Climax This is the turning point of the story. Usually the main character comes face to face with a conflict. The main character will change in some way.
4. Falling Action : 4. Falling Action All loose ends of the plot are tied up. The conflict(s) and climax are taken care of.
5. Resolution : 5. Resolution The story comes to a reasonable ending.
Putting It All Together : Putting It All Together 1. Exposition
2. Rising Action
4. Falling Action
5. Resolution Beginning of Story Middle of Story End of Story