GOAL SETTING : GOAL SETTING Control your destiny or somebody else will.
Welsh Learning Objectives : Learning Objectives To understand the importance of goals in life & to know the ways of setting goals.
Inform the students the qualities needed to set the goals.
Using SWOT Technique in setting goals. Content : Content Defining Goal Setting
Importance of Goals
The Obstacles to Set Goals
Steps Involved in Goal Setting
Types of Goals
Group Activities- SWOT analysis, writing goals, throwing coins etc. WHAT IS GOAL SETTING : WHAT IS GOAL SETTING A goal is a dream /aspiration which has to be translated into reality within a time frame. It acts as a road map on journey to success in life GOAL SETTING : GOAL SETTING Is a powerful tool which enhances performances & leads to success in life IMPORTANCE OF GOAL SETTING : IMPORTANCE OF GOAL SETTING Don’t become aimless
Helps plan everyday task
Produces proper priorities
Gives real meaning to your activity
Gives direction & purpose
Makes decision making easy GOAL SETTING : GOAL SETTING ANYTHING WORTHWHILE SEEN , IS
AN OUTCOME OF SOMEONES GOAL SET.
-Goals keep us focused on a purpose. Slide 8: DREAMS
GOALS Remember !! : Remember !! A goal is a dream with deadline
Goals that are not written down are wishes!!!
Begin with the end in the mind
Never think that the sky is the limit, when there are foot prints on the moon Slide 10: TYPES OF GOALS
Long Term Mid term Short Term Mini AREAS OF GOAL SETTING : AREAS OF GOAL SETTING Family & Home
Learning & Development
Financial & Career
Physical & Health
Social & Cultural
Spiritual & Ethical HOW TO SET GOALS : HOW TO SET GOALS Slide 13: Follow SMART Principle SWOT ANALYSIS : SWOT ANALYSIS Effective managerial technique for holistic approach towards goal setting Do you know your self ? : Do you know your self ? Have you done your SWOT Analysis ? Do you know your self ? : Do you know your self ? Do you know your self ? : Do you know your self ? SCRUTINIZE GOALS : SCRUTINIZE GOALS Should be high enough to motivate; yet
realistic enough to avoid discouragement EVALUATE GOAL IN LIGHT OF FOLLOWING : EVALUATE GOAL IN LIGHT OF FOLLOWING Is it true
Is fair to all concerned
Will it get me the goodwill
Will it get me HWP
Is it consistent with my other goals
Can I commit myself to OBSTACLES TO SETTING GOALS : OBSTACLES TO SETTING GOALS A Pessimistic attitude
Fear of failure
Lack of rejection
Low self esteem
Ignorance of goal setting Slide 21: MEANINGLESS GOALS Slide 22: ACTIVITY IS NOT THE
ACCOMPLISHMENT ACTION PLAN : ACTION PLAN Make definite goals
Write them down
Read your goals daily for modification if any
Make goals slightly out of reach but not out of sight
Check progress periodically GOAL SETTING STRATEGIES : GOAL SETTING STRATEGIES Goal setting strategies Never give up Degree of Achievement Identify obstacles
how to over come Dead line Plan Write down goals Develop intense desire CAREER GOAL SETTING : CAREER GOAL SETTING Rising to
field the top in a field Increase in income Recognition
Achievement Quality of life QUESTIONNAIRE : QUESTIONNAIRE What is your goal for the
Your Life QUESTIONNAIRE : QUESTIONNAIRE What are your requirements to achieve the goals
What are the difficulties you anticipate
How will overcome the difficulties On Achieving a Goal : On Achieving a Goal Enjoy the goal achieved
If it is achieved too easily make next goal harder & vice versa.
If you learn something that will lead you to change other goals, do so.
Any skill shortage , acquire it. Achievement Orientation : Achievement Orientation AttitudE.
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5=100% ACTIVITIES : ACTIVITIES Game -1 Ringing the peg
Game -2 Lift the stick
Game -3 SWOT leading to Goal 1- Ringing the Peg : 1- Ringing the Peg Material you will need:
1. A six-inch peg on a wooden base
2. Three rubber rings
3. A piece of chalk
4. This is a game to be played by individuals.
5. Play this in an open space of about 200 sqft. area
6. Keep the peg in the centre.
7. Draw three lines in front of the peg at a distance of 2 feet, 4 feet and six feet from the peg.
8. Hold the rubber rings yourself and give them to the players as they take their turns to ring the peg.
9. As they step - up to play, give them the option of choosing the distance from which to ring the peg. 2. Lift the stick : 2. Lift the stick 1. Material needed: a 5-meter long and two centimeter thick bamboo cane/stick.
2. This is a game to be played with a team of 8 to 10 people.
3. The aim of the game is for the team of people to lift the stick together on their forefingers until it reaches shoulder level. The challenge is to keep the fingers in contact with the stick all the way up.
4. Due to a scientific principle the stick arches upwards in the centre and it appears as though the stick is floating rather than being lifted.
5. The team is expected to overcome this action of the stick.
6. In the process of this goal setting game the team experiences goal setting, team problem solving, strategizing and team functioning. 3. Design Long & Short Term Goals : 3. Design Long & Short Term Goals A written & practical exercise
Use SWOT Technique
Write strength & weakness & examine them in light of opportunity & threat.