Electronics Recycling: Say No to Waste

Category: Entertainment

Presentation Description

Why don't we recycle our electronics? Take a step to healthy environment and start e-waste recycling.


Presentation Transcript


Electronics Recycling - A Solution to E-Waste


Electronic waste or e-waste describes discarded electrical or electronic devices. Used electronics which are destined for reuse, resale, salvage, recycling or disposal are also considered as e-waste. Informal processing of electronic waste in developing countries may cause serious health and pollution problems, as these countries have limited regulatory oversight of e-waste processing. What is Electronics Recycling?


Benefits of Electronic Recycling Conserves natural resources. Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth. Protects your surroundings. Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury. Helps others. Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it. Saves landfill space. E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved. Create Jobs. E Cycling creates jobs for professional recyclers and refurbishers and creates new markets for the valuable components that are dismantled.


Recycles Cell Phones & Mobile Devices The mobile phones collected for recycling in 2009, 38% were refurbished or reused and the remaining 62% were recycled. 62% 38% Recycling Refurbished


Electronic Recyclers International® is the largest electronics recycler in North America, recycling more than 250 million pounds of e-waste annually. ERI specializes in the environmentally safe and socially responsible dismantling of electronic waste, and as such, was the first electronics recycling company in the world to receive R2 and e-Stewards certification (the two standards of judging environmental responsibility in the e-waste recycling industry). Electronic Recycler ERI has the highest capacity and most technologically advanced e-waste shredding system in the world, thus providing its customers with a maximum economic benefit and maximum commodity return. All materials sent to ERI are 100% recycled into three main commodities: metals, plastic and glass. No electronics are placed in landfills and nothing is illegally exported to other nations — all recycling and dismantling is done on American soil.


Recycles Desktop Computers Computers (including laptops) represented 26% of the e-waste recycling stream in 2009.


Presented by

authorStream Live Help