GROUP MEMBERS : GROUP MEMBERS 1.VIKAS.
5. VIGNESH FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION : FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION Communication between two or more person by
Direct contact. MERITS : MERITS 1. Variation in tone.
Etc. 2. BODY LANGUAGE : 2. BODY LANGUAGE 1. facial expression
2. eye contact
4. body shape
6. appearance. 3. FACIAL EXPRESSION : 3. FACIAL EXPRESSION a. happines
f . Interst
i. contempt 4. GESTURES : 4. GESTURES Physical movements of arms,legs,hands,heads etc.
1. patting the stomach – “I’m full of food”.
2. shaking fist - “I’m angry”.
3. yawning –”I’m bored”.
4. clapping hands –”I approve”.
5. placing first finger on lips –”be silent”. 5. SUITABLE FOR DISCUSSION : 5. SUITABLE FOR DISCUSSION In this speaker can get immediate feedback from the total personality of the listener including the vibrations being emmited by it and not just in terms of words which may often be hollow and meaningless. 6. The Importance of Face-to-Face Communication at Work : 6. The Importance of Face-to-Face Communication at Work A global survey shows that 67 percent of senior executives and managers say their organization would be more productive if their superiors communicated more often by personal discussion. While they desire more personal discussion from their superiors, however, the top personal method of communicating for these same business leaders is e-mail, based on the survey by NFI Research. 7. Why is a face to face conversation the best way of communicating? : 7. Why is a face to face conversation the best way of communicating? Because you will always need to talk to someone face to face and it will be needed in cerrtain circumstances. And it always feels good to tell someone good news and see their expression on their faces! FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION : FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION IMPORTANCE FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION IS BETTER : FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION IS BETTER you can realize easily whether the person is sincere through his manners.
can get responses immediately without misunderstanding
face to face communication helps people in express their feelings, ideas much better.
conversations seem to be longer when people communicate in person. LIMITATIONS : LIMITATIONS Not possible for distant people in the absence of mechanical devices.
Messages cannot be retained for a long
No legal validity
Unsuitable for lengthy messages. LIMITATIONS : LIMITATIONS When people display the wrong body language,they show the wrong impression by their actions, not looking at the person they are speaking to, gets distracted and do not listen or pay any attention to what the other person is saying.
Depending on the type of words use, you could offend a person as some individuals are not very good with personal hygiene, and this can get very difficult communicating face to face.
Most people cannot express themselves properly and some can when they are not facing the person, therefore, we have show respect in every way, even if we dislike or don't agree with them. LIMITATIONS : LIMITATIONS outdoor events are weather dependent
some events only reach a small audience
heavy in administration
needs good marketing
needs good forward planning
requires initial financial outlay
needs a range of skills in creation and marketing
audience size can be limited for some events
can be dominated by an individual
can be a one-off experience
if repeated, needs assessment and development Examples of face to face communication : Examples of face to face communication Interview
Types of interview
-Informal interview @ : @ -Exit interview
-Micro soft interview
-Web com interview Meeting : Meeting Types of meeting