Slide 1: 1 COMPANY PRESENTATION MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 2: MATHEW JOSEPH INTRODUCTION : Wipro Technologies Limited is a giant information technology services corporation headquartered in Bangalore, India. According to the 2008–09 revenue, Wipro is one of the largest IT services company in India and employs more than 112,925 people worldwide as of June 2010. It has interests varying from information technology, consumer care, lighting, engineering and healthcare businesses. Azim Premji is the Chairman of the board. INTRODUCTION MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 4: HISTORY MATHEW JOSEPH Wipro started as a vegetable oil trading company in 1947 from an old mill at Amalner, Maharashtra, India founded by M.H.PREMJI.
When his father died in 1966, Azim, a graduate in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, took on the leadership of the company at the age 21. He repositioned it and transformed Wipro (Western India Palm Refined Oil Ltd) into a consumer goods company that produced hydrogenated cooking oils/fat company, laundry soap, wax and tin containers and later set up Wipro Fluid Power to manufacture hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders in 1975. At that time, it was valued at $2 million. Slide 5: HISTORY MATHEW JOSEPH In 1977, when IBM was asked to leave India, Wipro entered the information technology sector.
In 1979, Wipro began developing its own computers, and in 1981 started selling the finished product. This was the first in a string of products that would make Wipro one of India's first computer makers.
In 1980 Wipro moved into software development and started developing customized software packages for their hardware customers. Slide 6: TIME LINE 1945 - Incorporation as Western India Products Limited.
1947 - Establishment of an oil mill at Amalner, Maharashtra, India.
1960 - Manufacture of laundry soap 787 at Amalner.
1970 - Manufacture of Bakery Shortening Vanaspati at Amalner.
1975 - Diversification into engineering and manufacture of hydraulic cylinders as WINTROL (now called Wipro Fluid Power) division in Bangalore.
1977 - Name of the Company changed to Wipro Products Limited. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 7: TIME LINE 1980 - Diversification into Information Technology.
1988 - Crossed the $10 million mark in annualized revenues.
1990 - Incorporation of Wipro-GE medical systems.
1995 - Established Wipro Academy of Software Excellence.
2002 - Wipro acquires Spectramind.
- Ranked the 7th software services company in the world by Business Week.
2003- Wipro acquires Nervewire.
-Wipro Technologies Wins Prestigious IEEE Award for Software Process Excellence. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 8: TIME LINE -Wipro Technologies awarded prestigious ITSMA award for services marketing excellence.
-Wipro wins the 2003 Asian Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise Award.
2004 - Crossed the $1 Billion.
- IDC rates Wipro as the leader among worldwide offshore service providers.
2005 - Wipro acquires mPower to enter payments space and also acquires European System on Chip (SoC) design firm NewLogic.
2006 - Wipro acquires Enabler to enter Niche Retail market MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 9: TIME LINE 2007 - Wipro acquires US's Infocrossing for 600mn.
2009 - Wipro acquires Gallagher Financial Systems to enter mortgage loan origination space.
- Wipro Launches ESS - Electronic Security Solutions with Products in CCTV System, Access Control System and Building Management Systems. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 10: MAJOR DIVISIONS Wipro Technologies - Wipro Technologies is the global IT services business division of Wipro Limited. With over 20 offices around the world, Wipro Technologies is the No.1 provider of integrated business, technology and process solutions on a global delivery platform. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 11: MAJOR DIVISIONS Wipro Infotech- Wipro Infotech is the leading strategic IT partner for companies across India, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific - offering integrated IT solutions. We plan, deploy, sustain and maintain your IT lifecycle through our total outsourcing, consulting services, business solutions and professional services. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 12: MAJOR DIVISIONS Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting- Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting, a business unit of Wipro Limited, has a profitable presence in the branded retail market of toilet soaps, hair care soaps, baby care products and lighting products. It is also a leader in institutional lighting in specified segments like software, pharma and retail. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 13: MAJOR DIVISIONS Wipro Infrastructure Engineering - Wipro Infrastructure Engineering was Wipro Limited’s first diversification in 1975, which addressed the hydraulic equipment requirements of mobile original equipment manufacturers in India. Over the past 25 years, the Wipro Infrastructure Engineering business unit has become a leader in the Hydraulic Cylinders and Truck Tipping Systems markets in India, and intends growing its business to serve the global manufacturing requirements of Hydraulic Cylinders and Truck Tippers. Slide 14: MAJOR DIVISIONS Wipro GE Medical Systems - Wipro GE Medical Systems is a joint venture between Wipro and General Electric Company. As a part of GE Medical Systems South Asia, it caters to customer and patient needs with a commitment to uncompromising quality. Wipro GE is India’s largest exporter of medical systems, with unmatched distribution and service reach in South Asia. Wipro GE pioneered the manufacture of Ultrasound and Computed Tomography systems in India and is a supplier for all GE Medical Systems products and services in South Asia. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 15: WIPRO TYPE- PUBLIC
INDUSTRY-IT SERVICES, CONSULTING.
KEY PEOPLE- AZIM PREMJI (CHAIRMAN)
- GIRISH PARANJPE (JOINT CEO)
- SURESH VASWANI (JOINT CEO)
SERVICES - BPO
- PRODUCT ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS.
- TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES. MATHEW JOSEPH Slide 16: REVENUE - 23,606.30 crore (US$5.12 billion) March 2010.
OPERATING INCOME – 6,268.40 crore (US$1.36 billion)(March 2010).
PROFIT- 4,898.00 crore (US$1.06 billion)(March 2010)
TOTAL ASSETS- $7.340 billion (March 2010).
TOTAL EQUITY- $4.373 billion (March 2010)
EMPLOYEES - 112,925 (June 2010).
WEBSITE - Wipro.com MATHEW JOSEPH CLIENTS : CLIENTS Enterprise Finance IT & ITES Telecom Government MATHEW JOSEPH Thank You for your attention! : Thank You for your attention! Mathew Joseph S1 MBA BMIM COCHIN