L’impératif : L’impératif The imperative OBJECTIVE(S) : OBJECTIVE(S) You will be able to:
Give a command in a formal (vous) and informal (tu) form with the verbs in ER, RE, and IR The imperative l'impératif : The imperative l'impératif The imperative, called l'impératif in French, is a verb mood which we
used to give an order
express a desire
make a request
French imperative conjugations are relatively simple. There are only three grammatical persons that can be used in the imperative: tu, nous, and vous, and most of the conjugations are the same as the present tense - the only difference is that the subject pronoun is not used in the imperative. Tu Nous Vous Ferme la porte Fermons la porte Fermez la porte. Close the door. Le’t close the door close the door L’impératif (Informal (tu)) : L’impératif (Informal (tu)) When you tell someone to do something you use the command form of a verb. The imperative (impératif).
To give a command to someone in an informal way you use the tu form of the verb minus the –s. without tu .
Tu dances (you dance/ you are dancing)
Dance! (Dance!) (dancer ER verbs)
Tu vends (you sell/ you are selling)
Vend! (sell!) (Vendre RE verbs)
Tu finis (you finish/ you are finishing)
Fini! (Finish!) (finir IR verbs) L’impératif (formal way -vous) : L’impératif (formal way -vous) To give a command to someone you address in a formal way, use the form vous of the verb without the pronoun.
Vous dansez (you dance/you are dancing)
Dansez! (Dance!) ER verbs
Vous vendez (you sell/you are selling)
Vendez! (sell!) Re verbs
Vous finissez (you finish? You are finishing)
Finissez! Finish! IR verbs L’impératif : L’impératif The command for nous(let’s dance!, Let’s sing!) is the same as the conjugated form of the verb for nous. The subject pronoun (nous) is omitted.
Dansons! = let’s dance! (dancer Er verbs)
vendons! Let’s sell (vendre RE verbs)!
finissons = Let’s finish (finir IR verbs) List of verbs : List of verbs 1.To Sing =Chanter 2. to lose = perdre
3.To answer = reondre 4. to wait = attendre
5. To speak =parler 6. to cure = guérir
7. To watch = regarder 8. to hear = entendre
9. To swim! = nager 10. to punish = punir!
11. To eat= manger 12. to obey = obeir
13. To listen=écouter 14. to jump = sauter
15. To study = étudier 16. to finish = finir
17. To land = attérir 18. to choose = choisir
19.To get fat = grossir 20. to think = penser
21. To succeed = réussir 22. To feed = nourrir
23. To work = travailler 24. to close - fermer Slide 8: chanter nager perdre choisir sauter finir parler regarder manger étidier Tell how to do the following things in an informal form in french. Tell how to do the following things in informal form in Fench. : Tell how to do the following things in informal form in Fench. 1.Sing! 2. Answer!
3. Speak French! 4. Lost!
5. Watch TV! 6. Wait!
7. Swim! 8. Cure!
9. Eat! 10. Hear!
11. Listen! 12. Punish!
13. Study! 14. Bless!
15. Land! 16. obey! Tell someone older than you the following in French. : Tell someone older than you the following in French. 1. Sing! 2. Get fat!
3. Speak! 4. Cure!
5. Talk! 6. Feed!
7. Swim! 8. Think!
9. Study! 10. Answer!
11. Watch TV! 12. Succeed!
13. listen! 14. Get off!
15. Finish 16. lose! Écrivez l’impératif. Write the imperative form of the verb in French : Écrivez l’impératif. Write the imperative form of the verb in French 1. Eat!(vous) 2. sell! (tu)
3. Jump! (Vous) 4. Answer! (vous)
5. Sing!(tu) 6. to get fat!(tu)
7. Let’dance! 8. Obei!(nous)
9. Let’s work! 10. Let’s wait!
11. Look!(tu) 12. Jump! (tu)
13. Listen (vous) Slide 12: MERCI
VOTRE PARTICIPATION YOUR PARTICIPATION THANK YOU