logging in or signing up E-Governance kittukind Download Post to : URL : Related Presentations : Share Add to Flag Embed Email Send to Blogs and Networks Add to Channel Uploaded from authorPOINT lite Insert YouTube videos in PowerPont slides with aS Desktop Copy embed code: Embed: Flash iPad Dynamic Copy Does not support media & animations Automatically changes to Flash or non-Flash embed WordPress Embed Customize Embed URL: Copy Thumbnail: Copy The presentation is successfully added In Your Favorites. Views: 4298 Category: Education License: All Rights Reserved Like it (1) Dislike it (1) Added: July 06, 2011 This Presentation is Public Favorites: 0 Presentation Description No description available. Comments Posting comment... Premium member Presentation Transcript Slide 1: 1 Presentation On Introduction of e-Governance: 2 Introduction of e-Governance E-governance can be defines as use of information & communication by government to enhance the range, quality of information & services provided to the citizen in an cost effective manner.According to World Bank: 3 According to World Bank E-Government refers to the Use of information technologies That have the ability to transform relations with citizens, businesses, and other arms of government . These technologies can serve better delivery of government services to citizens.Why E-Governance: Why E-Governance citizen service provide access to information to empower citizens so that they can make better lives, for themselves and for the next generation.Components Of E-governance: 5 Components Of E-governance Technological Component Social Component Political Component Service ComponentTypes of Interactions in e-Governance: 7/6/2011 Presented By :Anupama Shelly Shilpa 6 Types of Interactions in e-GovernanceBenefits Of E-Governance: 7 Benefits Of E-Governance Better access to information and quality services for citizens. Simplicity, efficiency and accountability in the government. Expanded reach of governance. E-Governance Challenges Specific to India: 8 E-Governance Challenges Specific to India Lack of Integrated Services Lack of Key Persons Population Different LanguagesIts Relevance to India: 9 Its Relevance to India Governance Public services ManagementNational E-Governance Program : 10 National E-Governance Program Agriculture Municipalities Gram Panchayats (elected village administration) Common Service Centers (CSCs)Poll Results : 7/6/2011 Presented By :Anupama Shelly Shilpa 11 Poll Results Classification Percentage Total Success 20% Partial Failure 30% Total Failure 50%Understanding e-Government Success and Failure : 12 Understanding e-Government Success and Failure Limitations in the methods used. Operational and Technical aspects Design-Reality Gap Model CHALLENGES : 13 CHALLENGES Low literacy Low per capita income Administrative and Political Problem Digital DivideSUGGESTED MEASURES: 14 SUGGESTED MEASURES It needs to be conducted to train the users at gross root level. seminars needs to be conducted Manuals needs to be generated Audio / visual aids needs to be used in exhaustive education The people with different types of disabilities must be dealt with great importance.CONCLUSION: 15 CONCLUSION A vision is required to implement the e-government in India. To meet the vision the challenges in the implementation of e-government should be overcome. Then the environment needs to be developed for the effective implementation of e-government in India.Slide 16: 16 Thanks You do not have the permission to view this presentation. In order to view it, please contact the author of the presentation.