Category: Education

Presentation Description

No description available.


Presentation Transcript



What is cyberbullying?:

What is cyberbullying? According to, “ C yberbullying is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. “ Cyberbullying has to have a minor on both sides or at least have been instigated by a minor against another minor.

What is cyberbullying?:

What is cyberbullying? Any cyber-harassment or cyber stalking by an adult is NOT cyberbullying. It is usually not a one time occurrence or communication, unless a death threat or a credible threat of serious bodily harm is involved. Cyberbullies often change from the bully to the victim or vice versa.

Kinds of cyberbullying:

Kinds of cyberbullying Direct attacks By proxy Proxy often gets adults involved in harassment, which makes it much more dangerous.

About the bully:

About the bully Most cyberbullies have unique characteristics Drive for Acceptance Revenge motive Entertainment Dominance Anonymity Accessibility Disinhibition

Warning Signs of Cyberbullying:

Warning Signs of Cyberbullying Similar to those of a traditional bully in terms of emotional effects, yet there are differences between the two. A child experiences cyberbullying may: Appear sad, moody or anxious Avoid school Withdraws from social activities Grades drop or decline in academic performance Appears upset after online use Appears upset after viewing text messages

How to stop it before it starts:

How to stop it before it starts For youth: Stay safe with technology Refuse to pass any cyberbullying messages Tell friends to stop cyberbullying Block all communication with the bully Never post personal information online Keep passwords private Filter what you say to others in elevated emotions Be polite

PowerPoint Presentation:

For adults: Keep the computer of your household in a busy area of your house. Limit data access to your child’s smart phone, if they use the web. Set up filters. Insist on knowing your child’s passwords. Learn common acronyms. Know who your child communicates with Encourage your child to tell an adult if they receive any threatening messages.

How to deal with it when it happens:

How to deal with it when it happens Don ’ t reply to any incidents of cyberbullying. Report incidents of cyberbullying. Block the bully!

Facts about cyberbullying:

Facts about cyberbullying Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse. Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be perpetrators and victims of cyberbullying. Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide. About 70% of cyberbullies are bullied in real life. The remaining 30% of cyberbullies are bullied only in real life.


References ‪  ‪ ‪

authorStream Live Help