What are the key questions to ask when reviewing a research article. : What are the key questions to ask when reviewing a research article. 1. What is the basic question being posed?
2. Is the theoretical approach appropriate?
3. Is the literature review adequate?
4. Does the research design suit the question?
5. Is the study scientific in its fundamentals?
6. Are the ethics okay?
7. What are the key findings?
How to read articles for review? : How to read articles for review? Scan/skim read the article.
(1) the research question,
(2) specific hypotheses,
(3) the findings, and
(4) how the findings were interpreted.
Tip: Use a summary sheet
Example: : Example:
Abstracts provide an overview : Abstracts provide an overview
Research Question : Research Question
Read for depth : Read for depth After you have an idea of the main ideas in each article, identify the precise methods used and the theories tested.
An in-depth understanding is necessary for comparing the work of different researchers.
Exercise : Exercise Scan/Skim-Read the article hand out and identify
The research question.
Hypothesis if any
How they were interpreted?