logging in or signing up Trend Analysis antiya Download Post to : URL : Related Presentations : Share Add to Flag Embed Email Send to Blogs and Networks Add to Channel Uploaded from authorPOINT lite Insert YouTube videos in PowerPont slides with aS Desktop Copy embed code: Embed: Flash iPad Dynamic Copy Does not support media & animations Automatically changes to Flash or non-Flash embed WordPress Embed Customize Embed URL: Copy Thumbnail: Copy The presentation is successfully added In Your Favorites. Views: 1758 Category: Entertainment License: All Rights Reserved Like it (0) Dislike it (0) Added: November 23, 2010 This Presentation is Public Favorites: 0 Presentation Description No description available. Comments Posting comment... Premium member Presentation Transcript Trend Analysis: France : Haider Ali Khan 0801LA85813 Muhd Farhan 0707LA87029 Ahmed Rifhan 0707la87027 Kizhakke cheruckil Sharin 0907LH84865 Trend Analysis: France Tourism Economics Slide 2: TF: International Tourist Arrivals at frontiers (Excluding Same-Day visitors)VF: International visitor arrivals at frontiers (Tourists and Same-Day visitors)TCE: International tourist arrivals at collective tourism destinations. Slide 3: Why the recorded Receipts are less than the Arrivals?? Because … : In France, normally things are very expensive, more towards branded products. The tourists aren’t willing to spend much. Restaurants do not operate late. Tourists usually visit historical places. Tourist Profiles: Each tourist stays an average of 6.6 nights. The majority of tourists are executives or employees. 42% of the tourist clientele are well-off. More than half spend their holidays in private accommodation (friends, second homes). Because … Some facts to be considered… : Some facts to be considered… Market share : Market share of Europe(Figures in Million) Total flow of tourists into Europe--------------------------------------- --- x 100Total flow of tourists in the world = 460 / 900 x 100 =51.2% Market share Market share : Market share of France (Figures in Million) Total flow of tourists into France--------------------------------------------- x 100Total flow of tourists into Europe =80 / 460 x 100 =17.39% Market share Explanation : Figure 1.1 shows that in 2009 total 460 million tourists visited Europe which shares 51% of the total tourist market, whereas the rest of the world contributes only 49%. Total flow of tourists is 900 million in the world, according to 2009 UNWTO. According to figure 1.2, in 2009 France shared 17% of the total market out of the rest of Europe which shares 83% of the European market. By comparison it shows that there more tourists are coming to Europe as compared to the other parts of the world. France is representing less than a quarter of tourist flow in Europe. Explanation Contribution to GDP (direct, indirect) : Contribution to GDP (direct, indirect) Direct and Indirect Contribution : Direct and Indirect Contribution Direct: Accommodation, transportation, and light industries making items of interest to tourists. Indirect: Sectors that are induced by tourism. These effects are less obvious and not so easy to quantify. These sectors include entertainment, finance, energy, and food production, etc. FRANCE Travel & Tourism Demand in 2010 : FRANCE Travel & Tourism Demand in 2010 Adapted from World Travel &Tourism Council Report on Travel & Tourism Economy Impact 2010, France Contribution To Employment In France : There’s not so much to explain about the contribution to employment in France since the working arena is still suffering from the days of massive unemployment over 30 years ago However : in the light of this inadequate economic growth, is that the employment situation is improving. (nearly 300,000 jobs created in 2007). the government still maintains a stranglehold on the major industries. Contribution To Employment In France Slide 13: Unfortunately the tax situation in France is a lot harsher than other European counterparts, with up to 60% of gross pay being diverted into the French State Benefit system. Unemployment benefit: - income support and maternity pay. As the working population can contribute up to 60% of the gross salary to the state. The current government is committed to spend million of Euros to encourage the unemployed back to work but this will be a long term project. Slide 14: THANK YOU You do not have the permission to view this presentation. In order to view it, please contact the author of the presentation.