bs4

Views:
 
Category: Entertainment
     
 

Presentation Description

No description available.

Comments

Presentation Transcript

Slide 1:

1 Workshop 3 Emotional Intelligence : Brain Power BEHAVIOURAL SCIENCE

Slide 2:

2 Topics to be covered Introduction to EI Difference between IQ, EQ and SQ Relevance of EI at workplace Self assessment, analysis and action plan

Slide 3:

3 OBJECTIVES To Understand the emotional intelligence competency framework To know the difference between EI,IQ and SQ To know and make the link between emotional intelligence and workplace effectiveness

Slide 4:

4 Introduction To Emotional Intelligence It is the ability to sense, understand, and effectively apply the power of emotions, appropriately channeled as a source of energy, creativity and influence. Balancing and integrating the head and heart, channeled through the left and right brain, is the mission of personal growth work in the domain of emotional intelligence.

Slide 5:

5

Emotional intelligence plays an integral role in defining character and determining both our individual and group destinies. It involves abilities that may be categorized into five domains: :

6 Emotional intelligence plays an integral role in defining character and determining both our individual and group destinies. It involves abilities that may be categorized into five domains: Self-awareness Emotional maturity Self-motivation Empathetic Understanding Quality communication

Slide 7:

7 Emotional intelligence is demonstrated by tolerance, empathy and compassion for others; the ability to verbalize feelings accurately and with integrity; and the resilience to bounce back from emotional upsets.

Slide 8:

8 IQ and EQ give way to spiritual intelligence, the ultimate intelligence that can add value and meaning to our life.

Slide 9:

9 Before we move ahead please note that: IQ means intelligence quotient EQ means emotional quotient EI means emotional intelligence means intelligence quotient means emotional quotient means emotional intelligence Means spiritual intelligence IQ EQ EI SQ

Slide 10:

10 Significance of IQ ,EQ and SQ Spiritually Aligned Mentally Focused Emotionally Connected Physically Energized Fig. 1: Power of Full Engagement

Slide 11:

11 IQ vs. EQ (Intelligence Quotient vs. Emotional Quotient) The research shows that IQ can help you to be successful to the extent of 20 percent only in life. The rest of 80 percent success depends on your EQ IQ 20% 80% 80% EQ

Slide 12:

12 EQ IQ THE PERSONALITY The HEAD The HEART

Slide 13:

13 GETS YOU HIRED GETS YOU FIRED/PROMOTED THE PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS

Slide 14:

14 IQ primarily solves logical problems. EQ allows us to judge the situation we are in and behave appropriately. SQ allows us to ask if we want to be in that situation in the first place.

Slide 15:

15

Slide 16:

16 According to Goleman (1995), there are two components of emotional intelligence that are prerequisites for handling relationships: (i) The ability to manage one’s own emotions, and (ii) The empathy, or the ability to perceive, understand, and relate to the emotions of others.

CORPORATE FACTS ON EI :

17 CORPORATE FACTS ON EI 1 2

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TEST :

18 EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TEST

Slide 19:

19 HAPPY LIVING

Learning Outcomes :

20 Learning Outcomes Use & Application of Emotional Intelligence abilities in the work place Strategies to Enhance Emotional intelligence as Critical Skills for success

Slide 21:

21 The emotional brain responds to an event more quickly than the thinking brain. Daniel Goleman

Slide 22:

22

authorStream Live Help