Slide1: Slide2: Through the Christian Reformed Church…
…and you! Slide3: God embraces people living with HIV/AIDS Slide4: Slide5: Slide6: Slide7: Slide8: so should God’s people. Slide9: Slide10: Slide11: With local church partners in communities around the world Slide12: Slide13: Slide14: Slide15: Slide16: Slide17: Slide18: Slide19: Slide20: Slide21: Slide22: 'Learn to do good.
Work for justice.
Help the down-and-out.
Stand up for the homeless.
Go to bat for the defenseless.'
– Isaiah 1:17, The Message Slide23: Don’t be immobilized by AIDS Slide24: You CAN do something about it. Slide25: Because our God Slide26: is greater than AIDS. Slide27: PRAY Slide28: for hope, food, love, medicine and peace for persons living with HIV/AIDS that the Canadian government commit 0.7% of GNI to international aid by 2015 to be used by God in the fight against AIDS for the stigma against persons with HIV/AIDS to be broken down for greater awareness about the disease, so that fewer and fewer might be infected God bless these words, that they might stir your people to action Slide29: 'We don’t have to guess what’s on God’s mind here.
It bewilders me that anyone can call themselves followers of Christ and not see that AIDS is the leprosy spoken about in the New Testament.
God is at work here.'
–Bono, lead singer of U2 and global advocate to end HIV/AIDS in Africa Slide30: GIVE Slide31: Slide32: Slide33: Slide34: 'Africa has great sophistication in its ability to deal with the myriad of issues connected to AIDS.
It's not a lack of knowledge on their part — it is a lack of resources.'
– Stephen Lewis, former special envoy to the UN for HIV/AIDS in Africa Slide35: SPEAK UP Slide36: Slide37: Slide38: 'Silence is not an option.
Nor is inaction.
Injustice and suffering demand our advocacy in a world that desperately needs people of faith creatively working together for change.'
- Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance Slide39: KNOW MORE Slide40: ASSUME LESS Slide41: 'My experience is that there's corruption everywhere: in the U.S., in Europe, in Asia, and in Africa…
But what happens is that everyone's wringing their hands about corruption without trying to solve practical problems… Slide42: And right now, we're not even helping the well-governed places, the places where we are capable of finding absolutely practical and effective approaches to turning help into real success on the ground.'
- Jeffrey Sachs, world’s leading economist and author of The End of Poverty Slide43: TAKE RESPONSIBILITY Slide44: Slide45: Slide46: Slide47: KEEP THE PROMISE Slide48: And embrace those with HIV/AIDS
as God has embraced you. Slide49: 'We must not continue to be debating, to be arguing when people are dying.'
- Nelson Mandela Slide50: Slide51: Copyright 2006 – The Christian Reformed Church in North America
w w w . c r c n a . o r g