zero waste project appraisal

Views:
 
Category: Education
     
 

Presentation Description

appraisal of a wste management project

Comments

Presentation Transcript

ZERO WASTE PVT. LTD. : 

Integrated Solid Waste Management in Build, Operate & Transfer Mode at Dehradun, Uttarakhand ZERO WASTE PVT. LTD. Group 2

Agenda : 

Agenda Overview Products Market Competition and SWOT Marketing Strategies Financing

Need for SWM : 

Need for SWM The Current Practice on Waste Management Open dumping at disposal sites No sanitary landfill for MSW disposal in India Existing Composting facilities do not work efficiently 90% disposal of waste in open and 9% composted Difficulties in providing the desired level of public service in the urban centers often attributed to the poor financial status of the managing municipal corporations

Need for SWM : 

Need for SWM Rapidly Increasing Areas to be Served and Quantity of Waste Inadequate Resources Inappropriate Technology Disproportionately High Cost of Manpower Societal and Management Apathy Low Efficiency of the System

Need in Dehradun : 

Need in Dehradun The existing Nagar Nigam Solid Waste Management system in Dehradun is deficient in all components i.e. source segregation, primary collection, treatment, scientific disposal of waste. The existing Solid Waste Management system lacks adequate infrastructure facilities to meet the norms stipulated in the Solid Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2000. The city of Dehradun needs to immediately augment its Solid Waste management systems to comply with MSW Rules 2000.

Core Activities of Proposed Business : 

Core Activities of Proposed Business Collection Transportation Segregation Treatment Disposal of waste.

Overview of the project : 

Overview of the project The proposed project is covered under JNNURM and Uttarakhand having special state status, the project is entitled to get 80% of the capital cost as grant from Government of India and remaining 20% from the State. The part of Operations & Maintenance cost would be recovered from user charges, sale of compost & RDF, advertisement rights etc to ensure project sustainability. The proposed project will be for the entire area under Dehradun Nagar Nigam which is approximately 67.00 Sq Km. Under the Companies Act, 1956 a new company by the name “Zero Waste Private Limited” will be incorporated.

Overview of the project : 

Overview of the project Proposed Tools and Equipments Composting Plant Refused Derived Fuel (RDF) Inert Processing Plant Engineered Land Fill Legal Considerations MSW Rules 2000 JNNRUM MoEF State Pollution Control Board

Slide 11: 

The Promoters Pragatisheel - Ashish Jain Neha Gupta - Robin Arora Vijay Pandey - Nupur Singh Equal stake and contribution from each of the promoter

Products : 

Products Products- - Bio-gas - Compost - Carbon Credits Suppliers- Growdiesel Amacon (Alternate supplier)

Slide 13: 

Services 1. Door-to-door collection of solid waste from household, industrial units and institutions 2. Providing separate bins, at point of collection for biodegradable/non degradable waste 3. Waste transfer from primary collection equipments to light motor vehicles 4. Collection of waste from daily sweeping of streets 5. Secondary storage of wastes 6. Transportation of wastes to treatment facilities 7. Build, Operate & Maintain workshop for maintenance of vehicle/ equipments 8. Construction, Operations and Management of treatment facilities and land fill sites

Estimated waste collection from various sources : 

Estimated waste collection from various sources

Category - wise waste : 

Category - wise waste

Market Competition and SWOT : 

Market Competition and SWOT Total market for solid waste management abroad in 2005 was $46.5 billion and the current growth rate is 4.5%. However in India, it is a relatively new concept compared to the west where it is a highly organized business. Business model involves collection, transportation, segregation, treatment and disposal of waste with a hidden opportunity at each stage.

SWOT Analysis : 

SWOT Analysis

Marketing and Sales Strategy : 

Marketing and Sales Strategy Revenue Generation Industry tie-ups for selling of products Tie-ups with farmers in and around the city Advertisements on trucks, bins, uniforms etc Selling biogas to power plants in Haridwar Creating awareness and Brand building Advertisements on TV, radio, newspapers Conducting campaigns and street shows Organizing shows and workshops in schools and colleges Conducting workshops for training of MCC staff

Financials : 

Financials Project Financing- The proposed project is covered under JNNURM and Uttarakhand having special state status, the project is entitled to get 80% of the capital cost as grant from Government of India and remaining 20% from the State. The part of Operations &Maintenance cost would be recovered from user charges, sale of compost & RDF, advertisement rights etc to ensure project sustainability.

Financial Viability- : 

Financial Viability- Financials

THANK YOU : 

THANK YOU

authorStream Live Help