Private-Label Food & Beverage Retail Sales

Views:
 
     
 

Presentation Description

No description available.

Comments

Presentation Transcript

Slide 1: 

Packaged Facts Audio Shorts Private-Label Food & Beverage Retail Sales Selling Outside of Retail Establishments

Selling Outside of Retail Establishments : 

Source: Packaged Facts’ Private Label Food and Beverage Market Study, August 2010. Selling Outside of Retail Establishments Private-label food accounted for 80% of total private-label food and beverages sold through retail in 2009 with private-label beverage accounting for the remaining 20%. Safeway has begun selling its O Organics brands to third party retailers such as Grocers Supply Co. The retailer announced in April 2009 that it would begin marketing its marquee store brands to other retailers, including those in food service and international markets. Your opinion? Will selling to third parties dilute the “exclusivity” of finding your favorite private label foods at your grocery store? Post comments on our blog at packagedfacts.blogspot.com

Slide 3: 

NOTE: Private Label penetration was 14% of total food & beverage market in the 2005–2009 period, but began to rise in 2007 as the economy showed signs of slowing. Source: Packaged Facts’ Private Label Food and Beverage Market Study, August 2010. Private-Label Food & Beverage Retail Sales, 2005–2009 (in billions $)

Slide 4: 

View our extensive catalog ofresearch titles at Packagedfacts.com Thank you for listening! Private-Label Food & Beverage Retail Sales Selling Outside of Retail Establishments

authorStream Live Help