E Energy 1

Views:
 
Category: Education
     
 

Presentation Description

No description available.

Comments

Presentation Transcript

1. Solar energy and ecosystem: 

1. Solar energy and ecosystem Solar energy is the ultimate energy source. Plants convert solar energy into chemical energy through photosynthesis and then store the energy in organic matters. Other organisms can obtain energy through feeding on them.

Slide2: 

Energy transfer is unidirectional. Therefore, we need continuous supply of solar energy. Plants can utilize only < 0.1% of solar energy while animals can utilize 10% of energy obtained from plants to make their own cells and tissues. The remaining 90% is lost through respiration and metabolism. Energy transfer

authorStream Live Help